Sunday, November 18, 2007

One Paragraph Review: Spider-Man 3

Disclosure up front: I'm a fan of Spider-Man. Especially the late 90s animated series. And I've been a fan of the recent movie incarnations, but I have to admit the third film sort-of let me down. I've always appreciated how well the Spider-Man movies dealt with so many moving parts. Lots of characters with layers of background and a different story for each villain and side character. Lots of plot twists and action sequences. Most of Spidey 3 was basically in line with the quality of the first and second movie, but it really fell off at the end. It seems as if the producers kind of got tired of their material and ended the last 15 minutes or so on auto-pilot. The movie wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either.

No comments: