Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One Paragraph Review: Superbad

Disclaimer: I'm generally not a fan of the dumb-teenager movie genre, and I had low expectations seeing Superbad. So I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Superbad. Here is a movie which sinks so inappropriately low that it actually sounds like the things my friends and I said in high school, right down to relying on the timelessly hilarious act of drawing male genitalia. Yet Superbad doesn't stop at endless sexually obsessed teen-dialog, it actually wraps it's idiotic characters into one of the most awesome nights of partying and mayhem ever put into film. It's totally unbelievable and totally awesome to watch. Between delinquent police officers, loads of drinking, a scene with a particular type of blood that I'm pretty sure nobody has ever before fathomed putting in movie, and a dorky kid with a fake-id that simply says "McLovin"; this movie is gloriously Super Bad.

No comments: