Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One Paragraph Review: Bobby

My first confession is that I don't like politics all that much and my second confession is that I know absolutely nothing about Robert F. Kennedy. So it was with total ignorance and a little trepidation that I watched Bobby, but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Bobby does what multi-storyline movies with large ensemble casts should do: tell many stories from different viewpoints while keeping you interested entertained. Where Bobby takes it one step further is by showing how all these different groups of people - an aristocratic American couple, Hispanic kitchen worker, young campaign lieutenants, elderly hotel workers - were all affected by and invested in RFK. Some of the storylines are more interesting than others (in particular, Lindsey Lohan's superflous storyline appeared to be pulled out of somebody's ass just so they could add her into the cast), and I can't speak to the movie's factual accuracy, but it's entertaining to watch.

No comments: