Monday, July 7, 2008

One Paragraph Review: Fool's Gold

I admit to a mild infatuation with Kate Hudson ever since I saw her in Almost Famous. In fact, I haven't seen much of her since Almost Famous. Unfortunately for anybody watching the film, Fool's Gold is idiotic. It's a senseless, vapid story which looks like there wasn't even a director involved. Thats actually not a problem in this film because it appears to exist soley to provide a platform on which to trumpet the physical beauty of the leading roles: Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. Luckily for me, Kate Hudson is still super hot. As for the story itself: theres treasure, beautiful Caucasian good guys and comically-inept African-American bad guys look for treasure, righteous good guys fight greedy bad guys, good guys win, pretty people kiss each other. Trust me, theres nothing here - I saw this movie on a plane and even if my plane had exploded, this movie still would probably have been the low point of the flight.

No comments: