Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One Paragraph Review: The Dark Knight

I've loathed the prospect of writing a short review for this movie, which I've seen twice now, in the way that I hate trying to explain my love of the ocean or why I love Radiohead or Pink Floyd. Simply put, The Dark Knight is the best movie in a decade, maybe longer. In every way one can measure movies - the quality of the writing, the delivery of the actors/actresses, the coherency and interest in the plot, the touch of the director, the compelling nature of the story, whether or not it leaves the audience having learned something - Nolan's masterpiece excels. No review, even one as short as a single paragraph, should exist without gushing specifically over Ledger's performance in addition to the rest of the production. The Dark Knight did something I highly doubted I'd ever see happen: it made Batman Beings the second best comic-book based movie of all time.

No comments: