Monday, January 26, 2009

One Paragraph Review: Defiance

Defiance tells the (true) story of Belorussian Jews who fled into the forests of Eastern Europe to live and escape Nazi persecution. This movie wasn't great, and won't win any awards, but the story is compelling and will interest anyone who likes history or learning about World War 2. I thought Daniel Craig was superb, and sections of the movie carried a real intensity and emotion to them. Just make sure you don't plan anything after seeing the film. Why? This is the kind of movie that really makes you want to play around after. After I saw Honey I Shrunk the Kids, all I wanted to do was go home and invent crazy contraptions. And all I wanted to do after Defiance was go home and play Call of Duty for like fifteen hours straight.

No comments: