Sunday, March 1, 2009

One Paragraph Review: Definitely, Maybe

Definitely, Maybe is the bionic chick flick. It takes bits and pieces from other chick flicks, and assembles them into the Super Chick Flick. Let me further sum this movie up with an analogy: Dead Alive is to gore what Definitely, Maybe is to cheese. Sometimes the movie was so cheesy I wanted to scream. Actually, I did scream. Many times. At one particularly bad part one of my stuffed animals barfed on me. This movie got hosed down in grade-A Hollywood manufactured and processed cheese. While the movie was cinematically pretty well made, I would have preferred to see period dress and hair styles from the early 90s parts of the movie. Is it so hard to dig up flower-patterned ties and flannel shirts? Unless your choice is "or death" you should avoid this cheese blizzard.

No comments: