Monday, March 9, 2009

One Paragraph Review: My Super Ex-Girlfriend

I couldn't find a lot to dislike about this movie, but I think that's because it's hard to separate poodle shit from terrier shit, or deer shit from elk shit. When you're staring at a pile of shit, it really doesn't matter what kind it is, just that it's shit, and really, thats how I felt about My Super Ex-Girlfriend. It wasn't offensively bad, or horrifyingly stupid, it was just boring and kind of bland. The girls were cute and there were some funny parts, but you know exactly how the movie is going to end. The only noteworthy thing is that buried in this pile of shit is the brilliant Eddie Izzard, who is shamefully underutilized here. The way they wrote his vapid character, they may as well have given the role to a guy off the street.

No comments: