Monday, January 11, 2010

One Paragraph Review: Primer

I really can't form a coherent stream of thoughts about Primer. I mean, I love this film, but part of me thinks that it's just because I'm in awe of the way it so totally confuses me; but not in a convoluted or stupid way, in a way that has enough logic and math that I'm utterly convinced that it is possible to form a complete, accurate picture of what is happening but totally helplessly unable to do so. No, it's not just adolescent admiration - this film is fantastic, even if I can't fully wrap my mind around what is actually happening. It's a fun, complicated spin on a simple, unoriginal concept. Throw in the fact that it was made for a paltry $7,000 - probably the cost of Michael Bay's haircuts during a Transformers film - and you have a work that really deserves your attention.

No comments: