Monday, December 17, 2007

One Paragraph Review: Ratatouille

For the record, I did really enjoy this film. However there was something about it that irked me. For Pixar, I think it was a pretty ambitious endeavor. Usually in the films that mix the human world and the toy, bug, animal, or whatever world, there is an unequal balance. For example, humans were very peripheral characters in Toy Story and in Finding Nemo. In Ratatouille, they gave almost an equal share of character development to the main human and rat characters. While I liked this, I think it was much harder for me to get swept away in the plot. I loved the ideas of toys coming to life when humans aren't around, but I was just never sold and quite frankly creeped out by the idea of rats and humans hanging out together to prepare food.

No comments: