Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One Paragraph Review: Chronicles of Riddick

After seeing this movie for the third time this past weekend I still cannot figure out why I like it so much. I don't really like Vin Diesel all that much. I think it's stupid that a female character who was masculine enough to pass for a boy named "Jack" for the first half of Pitch Black has returned but now played by some super hot hollywood chick. None of the acting performances are particularly strong. Yet somehow I've been consistently entertained by this movie three times now. I think in the end, like with Pitch Black, director David Twohy just makes good sci-fi movies. It's got a great combination of action, interesting space-opera elements and fantasy-like characters and setting to make for a neat movie. If you like sci-fi, I think it's hard not to enjoy this!

No comments: