Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Paragraph Review: Be Kind Rewind

I could try and describe the story and meaning behind Be Kind Rewind, but I don't really think my explanation would make sense. And Be Kind Rewind doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, either. The story is sort of inane and downright weird, but Michel Gondrey's directing is compelling and by the end I couldn't help but like this movie. Be Kind Rewind has a very neat and warm ending. I don't know if most of the cast are random people or unknown professional actors, but the nameless faces were a welcome change from "big name" comedies. I say this with the caveat that the movie, of course, stars Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, Mia Farrow and features a random cameo by Sigorney Weaver. If you can stomach the meandering story, I think you might just enjoy the art behind this movie.

No comments: