Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Paragraph Review: 21 Grams

I will be the first to admit that I really didn't understand this movie. At all. I didn't understand why the characters behaved the way they did. I didn't understand or sympathize with their actions. The three main characters seemed like completely depraved human beings. Yet my reaction is completely at odds with everyone else who sees this movie. Did I miss something? After seeing the movie, I went out and read several plot summaries. Yet I still don't feel like I understood why any of the characters made any of the decisions they did. The acting was jarring but I just did not connect. The yelling and crying and screaming all seemed warranted and justified, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you why. I don't say this to intentionally sound obtuse or curmudgeonly. Honestly, I don't. I had no idea what the hell this movie was about but you should still see it.

No comments: